6.21.2554

Kids Leading Their Own Bible Study

Penned by
Kids Leading Their Own Bible Study
Our God is a great God. Throughout the time that I have been serving the Lord in children and youth ministry, I have seen God do so many great things in ministry and in my personal life. What I am going to share with you is something that I am going to remember for the rest of my life, and when I am tired or discouraged it will remind me that God can do anything if we trust in Him. I also hope that this story will bless you and bring you encouragement.
Last Saturday after the PCYM team came back from the south of Thailand, I asked them to come and visit the children at the slum. They hadn't seen the children for five weeks, and the kids told me how much they were missing the King's Kids staff and PCYM students. Last Saturday, I went to the slum before the team to visit the kids again. I walked to different houses and families to call the kids for the program and tell them that the team are back to see them. However, all the kids' parents told me that their children were not there because they had gone to the park to study the Bible. I was confused and wasn't sure who they'd be studying with, so I walked to the park. When I got to the gate I saw the kids sitting in a circle beside the pond where we usually teach them the Bible. I snuck behind a bush to try to see and hear what they were doing, and this picture brought tears to my eyes. There were no adults with the kids, just the kids themselves, and they were reading the Bible and praying together right next to the pond that we use as our classroom to study Bible with them. I saw that the big kids first prayed for the little kids, and then let them go play so that the big kids could study the Bible together. Each one of them was holding the Bible that we had given them. After they were done reading together, they asked "Who needs prayer?" and they prayed for one another. After they were done and stood up, I said hi to them and they were so excited that they ran to me to give me a hug. Then the rest of the team arrived and I shared with the team what I saw, and then we asked the kids what was going on. The kids told us that they had been doing this for the last several weeks by themselves and said that they missed us so much while we were away, the only way to help them not miss us so much was to do the things we used to do with them. Each week they would call each other to the park and take turns reading the Bible together. It reminded me of what Jesus told His disciples, to do all the same things He has shown them.
After hearing what they shared with us, we felt so encouraged. We thank God for the work that He has done in the kids' lives and see the fruit from what our team has invested. This is something that only God can do and we trust Him to keep doing more. Keep praying for the remainder of the PCYM outreach, as the team is in India right now. May God bless you all as He does great things in your life too.